Saturday 29 August 2009

Week 6 of the Summer Holidays

Well, the final full week of the summer holidays is over and I am starting to feel sad and and full of trepidation for going back to work next week. I can't believe where the time has gone, I wish it would start all over again. I've had such a good holiday and have really enjoyed being at home. I wish I was able to be a stay-at-home Mum again.

On Monday, Tracey and Frank came to visit, which was lovely. I haven't seen them since my 40th birthday party last June. What's great about our friendship is that we just pick up from where we left off. I can't believe how grown up Frank looks, he's really tall - makes me feel SO old!

After they left, Emily went off for a sleepover with her friend Ghislaine. Five were going all together and they went to the cinema to see Aliens in the Attic.

On Tuesday, I went to London with Halina, a colleague and friend from work. We went to the National Gallery for a spot of culture. Our interest was sparked when we went on a school trip with Year 5 at the beginning of the year. Of course we started off the visit with coffee and yummy cake in the gallery's cafe. After the gallery we walked along to Covent Garden and had some lunch there. After a quick visit to Lush to buy some soap, we caught the tube to Finsbury Park to get the train home.

Emily arranged to see her friends in Ware on Wednesday and I dropped her at the station before taking Edward to Harlow to the cinema. We went to see G-Force 3D - which included wearing the funny glasses. It was quite a good film and the 3D effect was very good. Edward really enjoyed himself. Emily ended up going to Harlow with her friends to see G I Joe but it was all very short notice (nothing new there!).

Thursday was our 15th Wedding Anniversary. It seems hard to believe I have been married for so long - it sounds very grown up, which I don't always feel! Mark bought me some lovely cream and red flowers - our wedding colour scheme, and we exchanged cards. Mum and Dad came over to babysit (the second time this week - the other being Tuesday whilst I was in London) and Mark and I went for a lovely meal at Sala Thai in Ware. It was delicious and very reasonable. We should go there more often.

My plan for Friday was card making all day - like that was going to happen!! Unfortunately the ironing was calling to me and I knew I wouldn't be able to relax with my card making until I had done some. Then whilst the ironing board was out, I thought I ought to turn up Edward's new school trousers. I was relieved to get those done. Then I just fiddled about with jobs, chivvying up Emily who drifts along without a care in the world! Eventually when Edward had gone out to play, I made a couple of cards. I haven't photographed them yet, but I will post them in the next couple of days.

And then it was Saturday! Where has the week gone? I do not want to go back to work next week.

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment