Monday 3 August 2009

A Great Start!

Today is the start of my week without the children, who have gone to their grandparents until Saturday. I have been looking forward to this week for ages, to have a bit of peace and quiet and "me" time.

Well after a pretty sleepless night (note to self - no coffee or coke before bedtime!), I got downstairs to find the mangled remains of a bird - not talking to Sophie today, and no Sky!! I can only hope the day improves, but this is fairly typical of the way life is. We will see how the day progresses - I am off for my Petite Pedicure at 10.30 - will get back to you!

Am back from my pedicure and my toe nails are now a gorgeous shade of dark blue.




I have booked my Mini Manicure for Thursday after my doctor's appointment. Don't know if to try and have them a matching blue, or to have a clear polish.

Whilst I was in town I bought two books with my book voucher from school - I got a new Maeve Binchy and a new Catherine Alliot. On a whim I decided to pop into the Oxfam bookshop and bought the hardback of Breaking Dawn for £3.99. I am bitterly disappointed that the paperback won't be out til next year, so I have succumbed to the hardback, which I will recycle once the paperback comes out!

After leaving the Sky box unplugged for a while, it has come back on - thank goodness. Otherwise the day I have planned would have been spoiled.

I have spent the afternoon watching films (Parenthood and Made of Honour) and crocheting my blanket. I have almost finished the 6th round which I only started on Friday. I am planning to post a photo of it tomorrow. See you then.

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment