Monday 10 August 2009

Back to normal!

Well, the children returned on Saturday evening, and it was lovely to have them back. We really missed each other. They have had a great time with their Grandparents, especially their time down at the coast on Wednesday and Thursday.

Mark and I had quite a productive day on Saturday. Mark cut back the bay tree which had grown very tall. It took some time,and involved going next door to attack it from that side too (I held the ladder!).

I made some more cards - these were for specific people whose birthdays are this coming week.

My cousin's 40th birthday card

A birthday card for a 17 year old


Mum and Dad stayed over because Mum and I were going to Stamperama (card making show) in Stevenage the next day.

We left about 9.15am and got to Stevenage and parked by 9.45. We went straight into the show even though it didn't officially open until 10am (we had special tickets). As usual, we went immediately to Craftwork Cards where I proceeded to spend ALL my birthday money!! Julie Hickey had made some wonderful cards with their new range of rubber stamps. I took loads of photos for inspiration. I bought some lovely things, which hopefully I will be able to use and show you in the fullness of time. It was also nice to chat to Julie, she is so friendly and treats everyone like an old friend.

We moved on to LB Crafts so that I could buy my Glimmer Mists - I bought six colours with lovely names such as Sapphire, Pink Taffy, Purple Pansy, Black Cherry, Honey Dew Mist and Meadow Green. I now have 15 colours in my collection. Watched Linda do yet another great demo -she's a very clever lady - would love to go to one of her workshops.

We didn't stay too long after that. We stopped and had coffee and cake and then browsed all the stalls, but as we had really got what we came for, we headed for home.

We had a lazy afternoon as everyone was really tired. Had a few glasses of Pimms (may need to buy a new bottle soon!). Mark cooked a nice dinner on the barbecue and then Mum and Dad went home.

This morning, yet again, woke up stupidly early and went downstairs to do my ironing. By 8.45am I had watched another episode of The Thornbirds and completely cleared the ironing. There is something quite satisfying about piles of ironed clothes and an empty basket.




Edward woke up not feeling terribly well, and was a bit poorly later on.

Had to get Emily round to her friends for noon, by which point Edward had perked up. I spent the afternoon making some more cards - used Julie's cards for inspiration,and am really pleased with the results. See for yourselves.



In the meantime, Edward fell off his bike and has sustained an injury in an unfortunate place and has spent the afternoon laying on the settee, watching the television and feeling very sorry for himself.
As I sign off for today, I wonder what time I will get the text to fetch Emily from her friend's house, and hope that we have a peaceful evening and that I can get a good night's sleep.
Cheerio!
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment