Saturday 13 August 2011

Summer Holiday Tasks - Update

Well, the summer holidays are at the halfway point and I thought it was about time to take stock and see how I am doing with the goals I set myself.

1. Complete my Me in my MoleskinE journal.

I've pretty much finished the actual book (more photos to come soon) and only have the tags to do that go in each page pocket. I'm really happy with how it turned out and can't wait to share the rest with you.

2. Make a start on my Christmas cards.

Well, up until this morning I hadn't made any, but this afternoon I have made 8 cards so far, and now feel on a roll to make some more. Edward thinks I am completely nuts to make them in August, but I know there is a method in my madness! Will share them with you over the next few days.

3. Tidy my craft area/make it work for me.

No, not happened yet!

4. Finish my new Flower Garden blanket.

In hindsight I think this was a tall order. However, it is progressing nicely. I made a plan of how it is going to look (it took me an hour and a half to do it!), using my Promarkers. Counting up all the hexagons was scary - I have to make 713 in total!! I have already made about 300, so still plenty more to do.


The thing that is slowing me down, is blocking out all the hexagons. I can only do about 13 at a time and have to leave them overnight to dry. It's definitely worth it as they sit better, flatter.

This is how far I have got in joining them up. It hasn't taken too long but I am glad I made the plan as I have to refer to it constantly.



5. Make more cards/be adventurous.

I haven't really done this yet either, but there is still plenty of time. It's typical though don't you think, that when you have lots of time to be creative, the ideas seem to dry up.

6. To enter a card on a challenge blog.

This has also not happened but I have been looking at the Less is More challenge blog and may give it a go soon. This week's challenge is a One Layer card using ink - sounds interesting, so I may give it a go.


So, I suppose I am quite pleased with how things are going. What I didn't want is too feel under pressure with the tasks I have set myself. If I don't achieve everything it doesn't really matter as long as I feel like I have done some of the things I wanted to do.

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment