Thursday 4 August 2011

MIMM 1

Or ME in my MoleskinE, but that's too long to keep typing. So from now on it's MIMM!

I have really enjoyed working on this journal. It has taken me completely out of my comfort zone as I am not a messy card maker as a rule. I don't generally get inky, painty fingers - but I have really relaxed and got into this. It was liberating!

Kirsty Wiseman, who devised the kit, provides a very detailed instruction manual, as well as a how-to video on UStream. There's also a private Flickr group so that you can see how other people have personalised their books. I did adjust a couple of things to suit myself - changed some of the colours and added more drawings, etc.

So today I am showing you the front cover, complete with faux coffee cup stain!

The inside cover has a tag with the date so that when I look back in years to come I will know when I created it. The first page deals with the basics, name age, photo etc. I'm really taken with the idea of using torn up book print - would never have thought of it myself. Of course it does go against the grain ripping up a book, but I chose a trashy charity shop book that I didn't like!



Page 2 and 3 are about my clothes (what I prefer to wear, my dream outfit), my body (best bits, worst bits), and things I would change.


I particularly like the border, it took a while to do but I think it's very effective. It was supposed to be a chequerboard effect but I didn't like it.

The next two pages are about my hair and skin. That isn't really my dream hairstyle (don't have one) although the colour is a bit cool!



Between each page I have made a pocket and there will be tags in each with more personal details (not for sharing though!), but I've yet to do those.


For colouring the pages I have used a selection of Distress ink pads, Glimmer Mists and some spray inks from the Dylusions range (Art from the Heart).


I'm very proud of it and look forward to sharing more with you soon.


M x

No comments:

Post a Comment