Sunday 4 July 2010

Ye Olde Medieval Summer Fayre

Yesterday was our school's summer fare - the last one I will go to as a parent as Edward leaves the school in three weeks. We have been going to this event for the last 11 years - it's the end of an era.

It was a lovely afternoon, gorgeous weather (got a little bit burnt), lots to do and well supported. Edward had lots of fun on the huge, inflatable slide as you can see in the photo below. At one point I thought he was going to take off!

He also had a go at the fencing, which he enjoyed immensely. He didn't fare too well as his opponent was so much bigger. Luckily he is one of Edward's good friends and they had a lot of fun!
Then Edward had a go at archery, which he also enjoyed, and managed to hit a few of the targets.

We sat in the sun drinking Pimms and taking in the atmosphere. Hopefully a nice sum of money has been raised for the school. Our Parent and Friends Association worked so hard to make the afternoon a success. My afternoon ended on a high as I won first prize in the Grand Draw - a Flip HD camcorder! I couldn't believe it! One minute I was standing chatting to a friend, the next minute I heard my name being called over the PA!

It's such a dinky little thing - like a mobile phone, but the quality of the video is superb. I'll be having lots of fun with it over the summer (just need to keep it away from Emily!!).
TTFN
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment