Wednesday 30 June 2010

Birthday Presents

After a hectic weekend celebrating Emily's birthday, I celebrated mine on Monday. I had a lovely day despite having to go to work. I had lots of lovely presents from Mark, the children and family and friends - I felt very spoiled. I made over 70 cupcakes over the weekend to take into work - some for the children in my class and the rest for the staff (I never want to see a cupcake again!!!). But at least they disappeared quickly! The children in my class made a big fuss of me and I really felt the love!

Here are some of the presents I received. My Mum and Dad bought me the Promarkers which I have been keen to try out for some time.

Mark bought me three of these Nestabilities and my parents bought the other. I'm getting quite a collection now and I've even got my Mum interested and she's just bought herself a Cuttlebug.

A couple of new Momiji dolls to add to my collection (from the children).

And some new books. The first two (fromthe children too) are by authors I love, so I'm quite keen to start reading them. The second group are from a friend who knows I love to read and we discussed these books recently. She highly recommends them so I hope I like them. Has anyone else read them? I'd be interested to know your opinion.


I was also lucky enough to get some money, so I've ordered some more Promarkers and will probably get some more wool for my new Granny Squares blanket that has ground to a halt at the moment.
I'm hugely excited about the weekend because I have tickets to see Eclipse - the third in the Twilight Saga. It's not officially released until the 9th, but I managed to get tickets for the preview weekend - I can't wait!
Enjoy the rest of the week and the lovely weather - hope it lasts til the weekend.
M x

1 comment:

  1. I've just bought those exact same Promarkers! I've got the skin tones set, and the summer set, but when I tried them they were a bit too bold for what I wanted, so I popped to my new favourite craft shop and bought the pastel set, and I'm loving them. They are so brilliant for not showing any lines, they look just like you've printed something out. I will look up that Fiona Walker book, the cover looks interesting, doesn't it? Unless you want to do a quick resume on your blog?!

    ReplyDelete