Tuesday 27 July 2010

Summer To-Do List

I have made a list in the right-hand sidebar of some things I would like to achieve during the summer holidays. I'm definitely a list type of girl, I like the sense of achievement when you can physically tick things off - it concentrates the mind!

  • Make lots of cards - well this one is easy I think! I like to have a box of ready made cards available so that I am always prepared. Also I have quite a few new things that I have not really had a chance to play with properly (Promarkers for instance) - so hopefully this will be my chance.

  • Make a menu planner for September - I don't know about you, but we seem to be keeping Tescos going single handed - we spend an awful lot of money in that shop! Life seems to run smoother during term time when meals are planned and shopped for in advance. I hate getting to 5 o'clock and having no idea what we are going to eat. It's not as easy as it seems though, because my children are terribly fussy - especially Edward. It makes planning meals very difficult. Like last night, I planned and shopped to make a Greek Pasta Bake - minced beef in a tomato sauce with macaroni and then topped with a white sauce - bit like Lasagne. Should have been safe - but no. Emily wouldn't eat it because it had onions in it and Edward just didn't like it - see what I mean!

  • Blitz Edward's room - This is going to be a mammoth task and not one I undertake lightly! Eleven years of not throwing anything away (him not me!!). Edward has the smallest room in the house but seems to have the most amount of possessions - he is usually extremely reluctant to get rid of anything. I have persuaded him that it is time to lose some of his toys as he is growing up and going to secondary school in September. This is not me being mean, but most things he hasn't touched for years. I am hoping that somehow (and I'm not sure if it is possible) we can squeeze a small desk in there - we shall see!

  • Read Wuthering Heights - I never have and it's about time I did!

  • Finish my granny square blanket - this is a must and I am crocheting at every opportunity. I am very determined (and I can't bear Mark moaning about another unfinished project!).

I don't think it's too big a list - three of the jobs are going to pleasant and the other two are necessary. Which me luck!

M x

2 comments:

  1. This should make summer more interesting, shouldn't it? Only six weeks, though. You must let me know what you think of Wuthering Heights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have to clear the kids rooms, and they are both as reluctant as Edward to get rid of things! I think I'll have to do it under the cover of darkness!

    a-m x

    ReplyDelete