Tuesday 5 April 2011

Stuff I hope everyone had a relaxing Mothers' Day on Sunday. I can't say my weekend was relaxing in the slightest - we had so much to pack in that we were absolutely exhausted by the time Sunday evening came along. Having said that, it was quite a nice weekend, but I am looking forward to this one, which will hopefully be quieter. My children bought me a beauty voucher (Emily's idea, bless her), some Promarkers and a box of chocolates, so I felt very spoilt. I also had a cup of coffee and a biscuit brought to me in bed. This is the card I made for my mum. It's the first time I have had a go at an easel card (don't think it's clear from the photo), and I really enjoyed it, although it took me a long time to get it right. All the materials are from Craftwork Cards - you know I am such a big fan. It was good for me to have a go at something new, as I have been feeling that my card making has been stagnating of late. I have been making the same design, just in different colourways - it's all those 50th and 80th cards I've been making recently, I just went for the easy option. I'm feeling happy with my reading choices at the moment. Fiona Walker has released her new book in paperback and I snapped it up in Tesco on Saturday evening and am a good way through it already. The trouble is that I would rather read it than go to work, so am feeling a bit resentful at the moment - roll on Friday at 2pm when we finish for the Easter Holidays!

I love her books, particularly the ones about horses, eventing etc (even though I'm not horsey at all!!). They are a bit racy and make me laugh - pure escapism.


Well three more days to go. Parents' evening at Edward's school tomorrow - our first one at his secondary school. I've also got to make some chocolate cornflake nest cakes for the children in my class, for Easter, so there's no time to relax just yet!


Enjoy the rest of the week.


M x

1 comment:

  1. I love your mother's day card, especially the shiny edging. Good luck tomorrow, make sure there are some left over nests for you!

    a-m x

    ReplyDelete