Wednesday 20 April 2011

Weekend Break in Wiltshire - Day 2

Another glorious day for our time away. We headed off to Stourhead, a beautiful National Trust property about an hour's drive from where we were staying in Swindon. I had heard so much about it because my parents love to go there. Well, we weren't disappointed.

We didn't go into the house because we really wanted to see the beautiful gardens and walk round the lake. We'll save the house for a return visit.

It was hard to edit the photos because I loved them all - so here goes!!
























Stunning isn't it. It would make a beautiful setting for a wedding.


I've been having a totally self indulgent week. The children have gone to stay at my parent's house for the week. I've been catching up on TV programmes and films, doing some crochet and a little (very little!) bit of card making.


My plan is to get the border finished on my Dream Blanket - I haven't touched it for weeks and weeks. The border is so boring to do and the blanket is really heavy now. Well the end is in sight, but today I got sidetracked by starting a new project which I will share with you soon, and hopefully the Dream Blanket too.


I've had a Twilight Fest today and watched all three films back to back - Emily thinks I'm mad, but I was in heaven!!


I will also have something very exciting to share with you over the weekend. I'm still slightly disbelieving that I have agreed to it. Can you guess what it is?


Hope you are having a great week, enjoying the sunshine.


M x

No comments:

Post a Comment