Saturday 23 October 2010

Hello, Hello!

It's been a while - I'm sorry. I've not had the best couple of weeks - have being feeling very low. Apologies for not visiting many of your blogs, I am looking forward have a peep soon. Anyway I'm back now and have a few note cards to show you

You may recognise this first one, as it is a design I have revisited. My mum really liked the first pack, so I gave them to her because she has been helping me out a lot recently - she's a whizz with iron!
This pack uses a sheet of paper from my new My Mind's Eye paper stack that I posted about a couple of weeks ago. I love the shabby look.

This next one is my absolute favourite - I love the colour and the glittery flower. I almost want to keep them for myself!
Purple circles with a jewel and a Prima paper flower.

The next two are on white cards (not sure if you can see that from the photos) with a panel stamped using distress inks and then rubbed with a sponge to give a mottled, textured look. The stamp is a Hero Arts one I've had for over a year and never used - simple and elegant.

The final design is quite contemporary - can't remember where the paper came from, I've probably had it a while.
I've got enough cards to make another two packs, so hopefully I will get those finished this week.
I've been really busy today, I've pinned out and starched 7 crochet snowflakes (just need to sew on some sparkly beads), but my main project has been to make a glittery Tinkerbell dress for my 15 year old daughter to wear to a party next week. I've been flying by the seat of my pants and making it up as I go along, with no pattern. So far the bodice is completed, the skirt is next, then the dreaded zip. I've had a couple of hairy moments, but it's looking pretty good, even if I do say so myself!
I'm going to have a relaxing, creative half-term. The children are spending a couple of days with my parents so I'll have a bit of "me" time for the first few days. Emily has a lot of revision to do for some science exams at the beginning of November, and Edward has some holiday homework too - so they'll be busy, busy!
Ta ta for now. It's Pimms o'clock and time for Strictly!
M x

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are ok, it's not the same without you. I love the dandelion clock cards, they are so simple but really beautiful. Have a great half term.

    ReplyDelete