Thursday 19 August 2010

Ta-dah!!!

Here's a little sneaky peak of my newly finished project.

And here it is in all it's splendid glory (ignore the guitar and amp in the background - it was the least messy angle to photograph from!!).

Aren't the colours divine?! I am so in love with it - it's so soft and snuggly - I just want to curl up underneath it.


I used Rowan Cash Soft in 4 ply. I don't know how many balls of wool I used which is just as well, because at £4.75 a ball, this little blanket has turned into a very expensive project (but so worth it!!).
The colours are as follows:
  • Cream 433
  • Navy 440
  • Bluebottle 449
  • Fiesta 455
  • Amethyst 444
  • Forest 442
  • Poppy 438
  • Fennel 436
  • Pomegranate 447

The blanket is made up of 96 squares - 12 of each colour, each edged with one round of cream, then a final border of three rows of cream.

It''s such a lovely feeling to have finished it, however the same cannot be said for my hexagonal blanket which is sorely in need of a bit of TLC. That is definitely a winter project as it is so hot and heavy to have over my lap.

I'm off in search of something else to make now. TTFN.

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment