Sunday 8 January 2012

Catching Up

It's been a funny week.  The weather has been hideous, all that wind has been so scary.  On Tuesday I got absolutely soaked to the skin just popping into town for an hour.  My umbrella was worse than useless in the wind.  Wednesday was back to work and school, which wasn't too bad, like I had never been away.  It was a bit sad taking all the decorations down on Friday night, the place looks so bare now.

Yesterday was Mark's birthday, and to celebrate we went to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo at the cinema and then afterwards we went for a Thai meal.  We enjoyed the film but preferred the original Swedish version.  I think if I hadn't seen the original I would have liked the new one more (Daniel Craig is an added bonus though!!).  The Thai meal was excellent too, so all in all, a very enjoyable evening.

From a craft point of view, there's a lot of things going on that I am very excited about.  Firstly, I am definitely joining the scrapbooking crop on Saturday.  It's a local group called Scrapbags and they meet once a month in a village hall near to where I live.  I am excited but also very nervous.  I don't know how much stuff to take, what to take etc.  The advice I have been given is to plan a few layouts and pick papers and embellishments for each one.  I'll let you know how things are going and will hopefully have some layouts to show you.

Another thing I am enjoying is Art Journaling.  I have painted two backgrounds so far and just need to pluck up the courage to add some journaling.  I have discovered that I am not frightened of the paint and you can't really go wrong.  There's another journaling project I want to try, where you make a monthly calender - check out The Kathryn Wheel blog (here) to see what I mean.  I'm not sure if I am going to do it, as I don't want to take on too much - we'll see how it goes.

I'm keen to add more lovely Stampin' Up products to my collection so I have joined the Stampers 6 club on this clever lady's blog (here).  You commit to spending a certain amount of money each month for 6 months, and one month you are the hostess,  It's all very exciting!!

Finally, on to the card I have made this weekend.  It's a 40th birthday card for a friend at work.


Ingredients
Patterned paper : The Canterbury Collection by Kanban
Purple Cardstock and ribbon from collection
Glitter : Martha Stewart
Ovals : Nestabilities
Punch : Martha Stewart

Well, I hope you like it and thanks for dropping by.  I hope you have had a good week and I'm off to have a peek at what you've been doing.

Take care.

M x

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card, Michelle, and I'm dying to hear how you get on at the scrapbook crop. One of my new year's resolutions is to make sure I do at least one page a month this year and to branch out a bit and do pages of the grandchildren. I think if you can journal (which sounds more scary to me!) you can scrapbook, I think the two will have a lot in common.

    ReplyDelete