Sunday 5 September 2010

Day 6

After a couple of long days we decided not to go too far afield. We drove up to Bamburgh Castle (didn't go in) to have a look round the outside. It's rather impressive. The beach there is gorgeous and reminded me very much of the beach at Mont St Michel.



After Bamburgh we followed the coastal route down to Seahouses, which I found a bit disappointing. Every other shop was a fish and chip shop and there were lots of touristy tat shops. We did have a lovely lunch in a tea room though.


Mark couldn't resist the seafood stalls and treated himself to some cockles. He did manage to persuade Edward to try them, but he wasn't terribly impressed!


After Seahouses, we carried on to Alnmouth and spent a couple of hours on the beach. It's a very pretty beach and yet again Edward was straight in the water as soon as we got there. It was a bit more brisk than the afternoon we had on Druridge on Sunday, but still very pleasant and relaxing.



M x
P.S. Sorry about the mega postings today, but I meant to blog more this week and I ran out of time. Hope it's not too boring - only one more day to go! I am back to work tomorrow after six weeks off so who knows how often I will get to post!

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic trip, you've been to some great places, haven't you? I can never remember whether it's Northumberland or Cumbria that has the most castles. I know Alnwick has been voted Most Friendly Town before now. You'll be sorry to go back to work, I'm sure. The boys I childmind have an inset day today, so they are with me. Bit of a shock as I only got asked last night! Just when I thought it was all over!

    ReplyDelete