Thursday 28 July 2011

Sneaky Peak

So I've started another blanket. I know I wasn't supposed to, I was supposed to be finishing off my other hexagon blanket. But my mum gave me an old crochet book and I was very taken with these pretty little hexagons. They are so quick to make, just two rounds and they are done. The wool is the usual Stylecraft Special and I am using what I had left over from Emily's striped blanket. There's going to be quite a lot of white hexagons too, to join them together, but I don't have the wool for that yet.


I started joining them yesterday - thought I ought to do it as I go otherwise it's too mammoth a task. I had a false start with the first one, had to unpick it and start again, but now I am happy with the results.



All the flowers are going to have the bright yellow/orange centre.


I'm really pleased with how it's coming along. Realistically I don't think I am going to get it completely finished during the summer holidays but I think it will grow quickly.


This week has been quite a good first week. I have made good progress with my ME in my MoleskinE journal, but I'm not rushing it. I've been able to relax and rest and recharge. I don't know if I told you that I hurt my leg during a rounders match at the Year 6 leaver's party. I felt something pop as I ran to first base, and like a fool I carried on running! The next day I could barely walk on it. Then the pain started to recede, but on Sunday I realised I had a whacking great bruise on the back of my calf, and that it was still very sore. I already had a physio appointment booked on Tuesday for something else, so while I was there she had a look and said I had torn the muscle belly of my calf - recommended rest, ice and no running for at least 6 weeks! So there we are, just as well I'm on holiday otherwise it would be a bit tricky!


Isn't it great that the weather has improved (hope I haven't temped fate now!), it makes me feel so much better. Hope you are having a good week.


M x

No comments:

Post a Comment