Sunday 17 July 2011

Flowers

Inspiration came from an article in Papercraft Inspirations (issue 87, June), a magazine I bought by mistake! The article featured the Four Flowers stamps by Hero Arts and was written by Angela Poole. I based my card on one of her designs, tweaking it here and there.

I used a cream scalloped base card and stamped on cream card stock, using raspberry pink to accent. The inks were Marvy Matchable dye inks and I used accent beads in the centre of the flowers (stuck on with Glossy Accents). The stems of the flowers were coloured with a Promarker, highlighted with a black Sakura gel pen. The pink flowers are raised up with 3D foam pads. I inked the scalloped edge with the pink dye ink for a bit of added interest.



I really love this card, even though it took me ages to make it. I wasn't sure exactly how it was going to end up, but am pleased with the effect. I will definitely be making another one, but will vary it and use a different colour combination. The stamps are versatile and I think they will feature in a lot of cards to come.


I have five more working days left until the end of term and I am already planning what I am going to do with my time. I have signed up to an online journalling class with Kirsty Wiseman here and am itching to make a start. I also have plans to make lots of new cards, and I may even give Christmas some thought. I don't generally mention the "C" word so soon, but if I don't make the cards over the summer holidays, I will not have the time once I am back at work.


The main focus of the summer holidays is to slow down. Life has been pretty tricky over the past nine months and stress levels have risen quite high. I am looking forward to a slower pace of life, maybe sorting out some menus for family eating (that has gone to pot too), reorganizing my craft area and taking the dog for a lot of walks, and generally to have a nicer time.


Hope everyone has had a jolly weekend, despite the appalling weather.


Take care


M x

No comments:

Post a Comment