Saturday 16 July 2011

And so it all came to an end

I was so excited yesterday - the opening day of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (I can't stand HP7 Part 2 - is it me? I guess it is!!). We had tickets booked for the 5.30pm show - I've never been to a film the day it opens - man, the cinema was heaving! We took our own 3D glasses, although I did succumb and buy the kids the special Harry Potter ones - I must be mad!

I'm a massive Harry Potter fan - I think the books are marvellous and they have moved me tears on numerous occasions, as well as being gripped and sitting on the edge of my seat. I love the films too, I think they have been sensitively done, and I guess that's because J K Rowling has been a big part of the production. Last night the four of us all had feelings of trepidation in case the end was a let down, but we needn't have worried - it was marvellous! The time just flew by, the glasses didn't bother me too much (such a pain if you usually wear glasses as I do), we cheered, we clapped and we cried. The end of an era - what to do now? I know, read the whole series again and preorder the DVD!

Have a good weekend - enjoy the rain lol! Our glorious summer!!

M x

P.S. Counting down - 5 more work days to go - hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment