Saturday 15 May 2010

Life is good today

After seven long weeks of no central heating, it has finally been fixed (new boiler, radiators and water tank - ouch!). The joy of waking to warmth and blistering hot water is indescribable. The cold I have felt over the the last seven weeks took me back to my childhood where the only heating we had was a coal fire downstairs and a paraffin heater in the bathroom - it was a very old house (I'm only 41!!).

So today, the sun is shining, the washing is out, my winter pyjamas are going to be washed and put away until the end of the year and now starts the long task of putting the house back together.

Have a good weekend everyone.

M x

1 comment:

  1. Oh that must be a great feeling! I remember coming home after being away at christmas to a freezing cold house as the heating had broken down. We had very small children and it was so, so cold. The feeling of having warmth and hot water again was truly fantastic! Hope you have a great rest of a weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete