Saturday 20 February 2010

Round 9 completed

I set myself a task this week to finish the 9th round of my hexagonal blanket - and I did it but wow my hands are still aching. The hardest part was sewing in the ends, which doesn't help as my fingers always go tingly then numb when I sew for too long - dratted trapped nerve in my elbow. Anyway, look, I've done it and if I do say so myself, it looks great!!


Still got a very long way to go though. I reckon I need to do at least another three rounds before I can even think about straightening it to make it rectangular - that's nearly 200 hexagons!!
I made another batch of cupcakes this week, green with stars - very nice but not too many left now!!


I spent yesterday making cards with Edward - he really loved it. He made three Christmas cards and nine birthday cards with cupcakes on. He coloured them in beautifully. I managed to get some cards made too which I will hopefully be able to post tomorrow. I need to get on with some more birthday cards, as well as a Mother's Day card and a 21st birthday card for Mark's Goddaughter. Busy, busy!
Enjoy your day.
M x


6 comments:

  1. crochet over the ends as you do the rounds, saves having to sew them in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blanket - it's beautiful!
    a-m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket is absolutely beautiful! Love it!
    a-m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blanket and cupcakes are both gorgeous!
    I get tingling and numbness in my hand also when I sew for too long. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the lovely comment. Hope my tip will be helpful to you in the future :) Forgot to say that your blanket is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a gorgeous blanket. Another 200 or so hexagons does sound rather daunting though!

    ReplyDelete