Monday 15 February 2010

Monday Monday . . .

Today has been quite a good day. A lazy start, a bit of crafting, catching up on some TV, watching a film and a little bit of reading. If I could just finish it off with some crochet - it will have been fairly perfect.

I have just started reading Jodie Picoult's My Sister's Keeper and I think I am going to enjoy it, if that is the right word given the subject matter. Lots of my colleagues have read this book and many others by the same author, but it has never interested me before. But I decided that I ought to give it a go and so far so good

I have been lent the DVD of the film which Emily and I watched today - if you haven't already seen it, have a box of tissues at the ready. It's very good but very upsetting.


Here's a picture of work in progress which hopefully will get finished tomorrow. Yes they are Christmas baubles and why not?! I'm on a roll now, although still quite shocked with myself that I am making Christmas cards at this time of year - I have never done it before! I am using Art Institute glue and glitter and I am quite excited to see the finished product. The stamps are from Craftwork Cards.


Here are some of the cards I made yesterday and today. The papers are called Joy and are from Craftwork Cards (as is everything actually). I'm really fond of these nine square designs, and have been making cards like this for years, although they can be a bit tedious to cut.

This card was inspired by Julie Hickey (can't work out how to do the link thing - Google her!).



I absolutely adore the colour scheme of these papers - I'm not such a traditional Christmas colour girl, myself - I like the unusual.
I am planning on making more cards this week and not only for Christmas. Watch this space. Hoping to get some more crochet done too - actually picked up my hook last night - first time in weeks - and made 6 stars. Would like to have a go at some Granny squares, but I should really get back to my hexagonal blanket. Heigh ho - so much to do, so little time.
Have fun!
M x
P.S The Valentines cupcakes went down a storm and only two were brought home, which soon disappeared today!

No comments:

Post a Comment