Monday 4 January 2010

The best laid plans . . .

Today was the last day of mine and Edward's Christmas holiday. Emily doesn't go back until Thursday and Mark went back to work today. I had a lot of plans today - lots of card making (Mark's birthday card being number one priority), the children doing their thank you letters, me doing my thank yous and a bit of tidying up.

It wasn't boding well when I couldn't connect to the Internet on my laptop despite rebooting it numerous times. Gave up on it in the end, but it meant no Facebook or checking my favourite blogs. Did manage to watch the final part of Cranford though - I really enjoyed it.

I finished the cards I started yesterday. Had planned to make some Christmas cards, but couldn't find the paper I wanted anywhere. Have started to doubt whether I bought it in the first place! The cards I have made were stamped with some of the Craftwork Cards clear stamps, also got to use some of my new grosgrain ribbon (see, I knew it would come in handy!).

I made three of each design - one of each colour way has been turned into thank you cards for Christmas presents. I have made three of them birthday cards (see below) and left three blank just in case. I'm really pleased with them, particularly the colours as they are a bit different for me.


And then on to the problem card of the day. I have just got my Silhouette die cutting machine up and running after being put away for a year. This has not been without problems and lots of emails to Quickutz to resolve issues. Mark has been brilliant and it was finally operational yesterday.
I downloaded a couple of guitar templates with a view to using one as the focus of Mark's card. Well! It took all day and a lot of fiddling about to get the finished article, not to mention plenty of wasted card. Emily helped with the overall design of the card because by then I was past it!! I am quite happy with it, but it should have been a lot easier. I'll just need to practice a lot more.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with my card making at the moment. I think it's because I have so many bits and pieces, I don't always know where to start. I just need to concentrate on one thing at a time and try to be systematic about it. When I get overwhelmed I don't tend to produce anything worthwhile. Another New Year resolution maybe.
See you!
M x
(Inspiration - Craftwork Cards)

No comments:

Post a Comment