Monday 26 October 2009

It's been ages!

I can't actually remember what I last blogged about, so forgive me if I repeat myself.

Em had a fabulous time in Greece - three days in Athens and three days in Thessaloniki. She visited lots of different churches and temples, as well as the Parthenon and the Acropolis. I'm so glad that she had a great time, I was a bit worried because no one from her friendship group went, but that didn't deter her. Her pictures were really good - more serious than her usual jokey, random ones.

Just got Em back and then Ed went off for his first residential school trip - five days at a PGL camp in the Brecon Beacons. I had to pack an immense amount of clothes to cover all the activities, bearing in mind two wet activities and the time of the year. Monday morning came round too quickly and I didn't like saying goodbye to him. He was a brave little soldier and didn't cry, although his chin trembled. Because he kept himself together meant that I was able to, which was just as well as I had to go straight in to work!

I was glad to have work as a distraction this week as I really missed Ed. The problem was mainly the lack of contact. When Em is away, at least she takes her phone. I was so relieved to get a letter from Ed on Thursday which was very positive.

He got home around 7pm on the Friday evening - very happy and did not stop talking! He had such a great time and participated in all the activities. His new career goal is to become a PGL instructor!

And now it is half term - thank goodness! No real plans for the week apart from chilling and being creative. Hopefully by the end of the week I will have loads of photos to post of my achievements. My two main projects are crocheted corsages which have been put on Ebay, and I have started my Christmas cards - I know I don''t usually like to mention the dreaded C word in October, but I am happy to have made a start.

Tomorrow night Em and I are off to Milton Keynes to see The Sound of Music. I am really excited, and Em is hiding her excitement well!! Connie Fisher has the starring role and Michael Praed is Captain Von Trapp.

On major countdown to New Moon opening on 20th November - I can hardly wait. You may have
noticed from the sidebar that I am rereading the saga (although I have just lent out Breaking Dawn to a friend and she is a really slow reader!!). Also have got the soundtrack, which I am starting to enjoy. You never know, I may just watch Twilight again this week to get me in the mood!


What a nice note to end on! Ta ta!

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment