Monday 16 April 2012

Too busy to blog :(

Well the school holidays are nearly over, Edward went back today, but I don't go back until tomorrow.  It's been a busy old time and not the rest I had envisaged.  But on the positive side, we have a lovely new deck, Emily has had four full nights sleep in her new bed and her room has had a massive clear out.  I haven't had a great deal of time to craft but that is a small price to pay I guess.

Here are a couple of cards I managed to find time to make.  They are both made using the Moorish collection from Craftwork Cards.  I bought this kit on a whim and then I found it hard to be inspired by it.  The papers are quite vibrant and strong, so I found that they needed quite a lot of white to make them work, but then I prefer the CAS look anyway.



I'm struggling at the moment to make my nephew an 18th birthday card for the end of April.  It's a bit tricky because he doesn't really have any interests and typical male images just wouldn't work for him.  Emily has helped me come up with an idea so I'm just playing around with that at the moment.  I also must get on and make an engagement card for a friend at work who has just got engaged to her partner after being with him for ten years - so exciting!

Hope you all have a good day.  Thanks for dropping by.

Michelle x

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean Michelle, I think we need a holiday to get over the holidays! I'm so pleased to hear that the new bed has made such a difference to your daughter sleep patterns and you've made me determined to have an overhaul of my children's rooms.

    I like your CAS cards especially the top one with the sentiment on the banner and those delicious-looking brads! For your nephew, how about making a card with a number and a sentiment? Perhaps you could die-cut the number 18 and then stamp a medium-sized 'happy birthday' sentiment next to it three times, in several different colours, one on top the other. Just an idea! Have fun making the engagement card too - they're always great fun.

    Hope the return to work goes smoothly. Take care, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete