Saturday 7 April 2012

Hi everyone.  Hope you are all enjoying the Easter weekend.  The weather has definitely taken a turn for the worse, it's distinctly nippy today, but at least we haven't had any snow .

It's been a bit of a busy week (not quite what I had planned it has to be said!).  We have bought Emily a new bed because her sleeping is so poor, and we are desperate to do anything that will improve it.  We went to buy a single bed, and have come away having ordered, a double one!  This is not as straightforward as it should be, because now we have to move Emily's room around, before it is delivered next Thursday.  We are making the most of the opportunity to have a good clear out and she has thrown bags and bags of stuff away.

Mark is on holiday from work for the week, and he is replacing our deck which has been rotting away for a few months now.  In fact it resembles a patchwork quilt.  We have had it for over 12 years so it's done well.  We have also cut back some of the bushes that have got a bit out of control.

I persuaded Mark to take me to a scrapbooking/papercrafting shop in Cambridgeshire this morning (about an hour's drive for us), called Capture the Magic.  Wow, it was a like a big warehouse of crafting goodies.  I bought papers and letters for Emily's album, as well as some Scrapbook Trends books and some storage boxes.

I haven't made many cards recently (been too busy tidying!), but I was commissioned to make the following card for a colleague who was celebrating her 10th Wedding Anniversary.  She requested the nine square card with the circles, so I just picked the papers and the text.  The papers are Spice Cake from SU and I used Old Olive ink.  The sentiments are various Paula Pascual stamps.  I added some crystals to jazz it up a bit.


It's very exciting on the scrapbooking front at the moment.  I have another Scrapbags cropping day booked in a couple of weeks, and I have plucked up the courage to book a place on a Scrapbooking Retreat at the end of August.  It's in a beautiful hotel in Hertfordshire and it lasts for three days.  I am nervous because I don't really know many people that are going, and I am still finding my way with scrapbooking, which feels odd as I have been playing around with bits of paper for over 15 years!  I thought it would be a really good opportunity to get on with Emily's album, which isn't really happening as quickly as I would like.

I'm going to love you and leave you now, so that I can stroke my pretty paper.

Happy Easter and thanks for dropping by.

M x




2 comments:

  1. Goodness, you've been busy! It's nice to have some time off to relax, isn't it?! I love the card. I'm waiting for my paper to arrive. I've seen it on so many blogs I was thrilled it appeared in our mini, I can' wait to start using it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love card designs with DP squares and this one is gorgeous! Those papers are wonderful aren't they?! I'm doing a scrapbook for my daughter at the moment but it's not moving on as fast as I'd like either! I'm sure you'll have a lovely and productive time at the retreat Michelle. I do feel for Emily - it's so frustrating when you have sleep issues. I do hope the new bed helps. Take care, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete