Sunday 11 December 2011

Christmas Money Wallets


Well, it's been a while.  Things have been rather hectic to say the least, but I bet everyone else is in the same position.  I am pleased to say that I have pretty much finished my Christmas shopping and most things have been wrapped too.  Today I have been writing Christmas cards, as well as making a couple more.  I have a couple of parcels to post and that is pretty much that.  The next job is to plan the food - haven't really given it much thought yet, except that I have made a Christmas cake.  I used the Waitrose Delia Smith cake in a box and am really pleased with how it has turned out.  Much less hassle than buying all the dried fruit that will sit in the cupboard for ever more.

I am giving my nephew and niece money for Christmas and I wanted to make them something nice to put the money in, hence the money wallets below.  I used a landscape folded card and decorated the front with papers that were free gifts, used matching embellishments for the envelopes.  Then I cut a semi-circle freehand inside to hold the money.  (Just got to find the cash now!!).





I have started a new crochet blanket for Edward - colours chosen by him - which I hope to share with you this week if I have time.  We are now in the final push at work - just got to get through Christmas parties tomorrow, panto at Stevenage on Tuesday, Christmas lunch and staff panto on Wednesday, Christingle on Thursday and then we break up on Friday - if I last that long!!

Ta ta and have a good week.  Thanks for dropping by.

M x

1 comment:

  1. Lovely cards, Michelle, I have really enjoyed using these papers. Not long now until the end of term - ours don't break up until the following Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete