Friday 23 December 2011

Merry Christmas

Hi Everyone!  This is my final post before Christmas and I thought I would share with you two things I have made, first my Christmas card to Mark and second the Christmas cake I have made this year.  I hope you like them.

For Mark's card, I used last year's Christmas paper from Craftwork Cards (Jack Frost) and added some blue organza ribbon, some foil stars, a sentiment and of course, some Candi.  It was a bit last minute, as I said in my previous post, we weren't going to do cards this year.  Heigh ho, I am pleased with the finished article, even if it was a bit rushed.


I decorated my Christmas cake today, with the help of my mum.  She kindly did the marzipan and icing bit because I am not feeling very well - streaming cold (always get one this time of year - the moment I finish work), and I did the decorating.  I made the cake from the Waitrose Cake in a Box by Delia Smith and have shamelessly stolen her decorating suggestion too!  I hope it's nice because I have bought another one that was reduced to half price - that will teach Mark to moan that I never make fruit cake.


I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy, relaxed and peaceful Christmas, and to say a big thank you for your continued company and support - particularly Jane (thank you for your lovely comment about the funeral, it meant a lot).

Have a good one.  Lots of love

Michelle x x

No comments:

Post a Comment