Sunday 11 September 2011

Stampin' Up

Hi everyone.  Hope you are all having a good weekend.  I think everyone's thoughts are centred around the events on this day 10 years ago, and I am sure like me, you can all remember vividly what you were doing when you heard the news.  I still can't watch the footage without feeling very emotional.  My thoughts are with the families and friends of the victims and all those brave people who risked their own lives to save people.

On a lighter note, I wanted to share with you, a card I made yesterday with my Stampin' Up stamps - Pocket Silhouettes (6 stamps in the set).  I am very impressed with the quality of the stamps, although slightly dismayed to have to assemble them myself!  For this card I stamped the image with a Distress ink pad - Dusty Concord and was very pleased with the results.


I really like using these landscape A6 cards, it makes such a change,  The problem is, I don't know where I got them from!  I have used some purple grosgrain ribbon from my stock and the ubiquitous Candi and sentiments from Craftwork Cards.  The style is a bit new for me, slightly adventurous, but I'm really pleased with the effect.

I've had a pretty bad week with things not working out how I needed them to.  There has been a lot of stress and upset.  Today is a better day and I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow.  I have been feeling very low and I have found it difficult to read other people's blogs and see photos of lovely crochet, flowers, homes etc where everything seems to be perfect - it's particularly difficult when it is so far from what I am feeling at the moment.  Then I read a couple of blogs where people were questioning why they blog and what was the point.  I often feel like that, especially as I have so few followers after blogging for two years.  I do have three very loyal followers however and I thank them very sincerely for sticking with me - you know who you are :)
But I have decided that the reason for the blogging in the first place was for me and a record of what I have been making, and I can't pretend my life is perfect, and really, whose is?!  So here I am for the foreseeable future and thanks for bearing with me during this moment of self pity.

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment