Saturday 18 December 2010

Questions questions . . .

I love these festive questionnaires - I've spotted them on a few blogs over the last couple of days, such as here (Chickens in my Kitchen), here (Little Tin Bird) and here (Just Me) and wanted to join in the fun. Have a go, go on, I dare you!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Definitely wrapping paper. I try to have a colour scheme each year - this year is green, blue and silver (never gold), with matching ribbon and bows. As much as I do like gift bags, there are too many presents at Christmas and I would spend a fortune!

2. Real tree or artificial?

In a perfect world, a real tree as you can't beat the smell, but sadly not in the Frecklepuss household. We have a very lovely artificial one without the mess of dropping pine needles.

3. When do you put up the tree?

We always put our tree up the weekend before Christmas. It would drive me mad having it up from the beginning of December. By the time the children and I have broken up from school I can start to look forward to Christmas and enjoy the decorations.

4.When do you take the tree down?

Always on 12th night, never before. Some traditions need to be observed!

5. Favourite gift received as a child.

One of the presents I remember most was a pogo stick I received from my mum and dad when I was 9 or 10 - it took me ages to master it!

6.Hardest person to buy for.

Mother-in-Law without a doubt! It's not that she's difficult - just boring. It's either slippers, a cardigan, a jigsaw puzzle or Cadbury's chocolate. This year we have pushed the boat out and bought her a dressing gown - hope she likes it!

7. Easiest person to buy for.

My daughter Emily. It's hard to stop buying for her as I am always seeing things that she would like. Edward's pretty easy too - Xbox games and plenty of books. He's harder for stocking fillers though.

8. Post or email Christmas cards.

Definitely post. I am a passionate card maker - wouldn't dream of using email. Prefer the personal approach.

9. Favourite Christmas film.

Whilst not strictly a Christmas film, my favourite film to watch at this time of year is Meet Me in St Louis, guaranteed to make me cry every time - particularly when the little girl is smashing down the snow angels - it's a must.

10. When do you start Christmas shopping?

Bits and bobs start trickling in around November, but serious shopping starts at the beginning of December. Have done most of mine online this year as I abhor shopping.

11. Have you ever recycled a Christmas gift?

Oh yes! I'm sure most of us have a some point.

12 Favourite thing to eat at Christmas.

My mum's stuffing - divine!

13. Lights on the tree - coloured or clear?

Clear - I love the simplicity of white lights.

14. Favourite Christmas song.

I believe in Father Christmas - Greg Lake.

15. Travel at Christmas or stay at home?

Definitely stay at home. Family come to us. We've always done it like this ever since we had the children.

16. Angel, star or ribbon on top of the tree?

Well that's a contentious issue in our house! Emily likes the angel and Edward prefers the star, so we alternate (and I take a photo as proof for the following year!!).

17. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Honestly! Christmas Day of course! It's not Christmas until then.

18. Most annoying thing about this time of year.

The fact that people want to celebrate Christmas from the 1st December - why? And while I'm having a mini rant, I hate adverts and magazines that go on and on about how to have a perfect Christmas - talk about heaping on the pressure! OK - I'm done now - sorry!

19. What do you want for Christmas this year?

Apart from the fact that I want us all to be fit, well and happy - I'd like a Cath Kidston bag (I know, I'm sorry if that sounds a bit shallow, but I'm only human! I wouldn't say no to the boxed set of Glee either).

20. Traditional colours (red and green) or other colours?

I like contemporary colours - pink, purple, blue and all with silver. I'm not a big fan of gold, red and green. But having said that, our decorations are a mish mash of things collected over the years and there is no colour theme. I like to buy a new decoration for each year - this year, some really bright coloured baubles.

I'd love to see your answers, so if you give it a go, don't forget to link back to me please.

Hope you are all coping with the snow. We have quite a lot in our corner of Hertfordshire. Take a lot of care. I'm not going out at all if I don't have to. Off to watch the Strictly final now, bye bye.

M x





No comments:

Post a Comment