Saturday 19 December 2009

Tis the season to be jolly . . . . .

I'm finally feeling a bit more Christmassy. It's been quite a long slog to get to this point, but I think I am there! Today I have wrapped up all the Christmas presents and am feeling rather virtuous. We have got the decorations down from the loft and Mark has made a start by putting the lights up outside. Even the tree is up, though not decorated. The children have both been out today so we are waiting for us all to be here to do it.

Even the snow outside is making a difference, although I was disappointed that the school was closed yesterday and we didn't finish the term properly. I still have gifts to give out, but they will have to wait til the New Year now. The children were happy with their day off and had a great time playing in the snow, although I was feeling grumpy and didn't even take any photographs.

Talking of which, I am really hoping I get a new camera for Christmas (please, please, please!). I will feel more inspired to take lots of photos and post more on my blog. I'm also hoping to get a little be more creative and have some fun with my hobbies in the New Year. I need to get back to my lovely hexagonal blanket which has been on hold for some time.

I had a smallish disaster with my beautiful Rowan wool this week. I spilt red wine in the bag my wool was kept in!! After some quick action, I think I have salvaged most of it, but I'm not sure how much has seeped into the ball. Luckily my crochet only uses small amounts at a time so I should be OK (I hope), otherwise it will be an expensive accident.

We are off out tonight to a Christmas meal with the balloonists. We weren't going to go, but haven't seen some of the crowd for ages so we thought we ought too. Poor Mark will have to drive because of the weather as I don't drive when it is snowy and icy.

It does mean, however, that I will miss the final of Strictly Come Dancing. I am recording it, but I hope I don't find out who has won until I get to watch it. In theory it should be Ricky Whittle as he is the best dancer, but Chris Hollins is well loved. We shall see.

Time for me to say goodbye. Til the next time.

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment