Thursday 31 December 2009

Happy New Year!

It's been a week since I last posted and I don't know where the time has gone. We had a lovely Christmas Day and Boxing Day. The children were thrilled with all their presents (and so was I!!). Yes, I did get my much wished for camera and I am very happy. Emily has been giving me a few tips, but it is quite straight forward to work. I am now planning to take lots more photos, particularly of my crafting.

We have also had some fun on the Wii over Christmas as we all got some new games (apart from Mark that is). I got the Wii Fit Plus and we have all been having a go - I'm not that great, but it's a laugh. I still reign supreme at Ski Jump.


Unfortunately I came down with a streaming cold on Boxing Day evening which laid me out for a few days. It was such a hardship to have a sofa day watching Crafts on QVC all day!! A few purchases made me feel better.
I did have to cancel my friend the next day as I was still feeling very poorly, which also meant I couldn't go to London with her the the day after. Even today I still don't feel 100%, although miles better than I did.
New Years Eve is going to be a quiet one tonight - just staying in, the four of us. Emily has been out with her friends this afternoon and Edward has had his friend Sam round for a play. Mark has just ordered us a curry for our tea,and there is a bottle of champagne in the fridge for later.
Need to think about my New Year's Resolutions for 2010,and maybe if they are in print, I might stick to them!
I think one would be to try and feel less stressed and be happier. Life seems to have been particularly tough over the last couple of years and I would like things to calm down.
I would like to give more of my time to my crafts and document them more. I would definitely like to give scrap booking a go - I have enough stuff to start me off.
I would like to feel more organised and in control - things have been slipping of late and it has made me feel panicky.
I would also like to feel more relaxed and to stop having panic attacks over things outside of my control.
And finally, the usual one, the one I never seem to succeed at - weight loss. Nothing else needs to be said!!
Well there we are, we shall see. I will keep you posted on the progress of these five resolutions. wish me luck (and good luck with any you make)!
Happy New Year!!
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment