Tuesday 8 December 2009

The Fruits of My Labours . . .

I have been so busy lately and have been very bad about posting any news. I apologise for my absence. Apart from my usual manic home life, I have been trying to get organised for Christmas. I have planned a big shopping trip to Milton Keynes on Friday where I hope to get everything finished. I am quite happy to leave the wrapping up until I finish work but I don't want any last minute shopping (I hate shopping!!!). Thank heavens for the Internet - I have been able to do at least half my shopping on-line.

I have also been busy sorting out the house in time for our Italian exchange student, who has been with us since last Thursday and goes home tomorrow. Emily's room needed a massive turf out (14 years worth of toys!!). We said goodbye to all the Barbies and Polly Pockets.

Our student, Giorgia, is delightful and we have had a jolly time. We spent the day in London on Sunday and went to Harrods - total madness, as well as lunch at Planet Hollywood and then the London Eye in the evening.

My evenings over the last few weeks, have been spent preparing for our school Christmas fair. I had a stall selling crocheted corsages, hair clips and bird decorations. I did very well, it was very successful! Here is a selection of my wares . . .







So, I hope you can understand why I haven't been around much. Oh, did I mention that I went to see New Moon again?! Just as good second time around.
Time to go to bed now, it's been a long week and it's only Tuesday.
Ciao!
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment