Sunday 4 November 2012

Sparkling Ornament

Good morning all.  It's a thoroughly miserable one here in Hertfordshire, it has rained non-stop since I woke up.  Poor Edward is playing football in it, and poor Mark, because he is watching him!  Emily and I are curled up in the warmth, watching last night's Strictly Come Dancing - it's a hard life!
 
Today's card features the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set again.  I stamped the bauble three times using Garden Green and cut it out using the corresponding Holiday Ornaments Framelits (fab!).  I scored them down the middle and glued them together to make a 3D bauble (you can't see it from the photo - sorry!).  I added some glitter on the middle bauble. 
 
Whilst that was drying, I embossed a panel of white card with a Merry Christmas embossing folder from Sizzix, which I then mounted on to Garden Green card stock.  This in turn was mounted on to the white base card.  I stamped the sentiment (from Marion Emberson's Sparkling Christmas set) in Red Riding Hood on a strip of white card, which I then mounted on matching red card stock.
 
The sentiment strip just overlaps the edge of the card and is tucked behind the ornament.
 
Hope you like it.
 
 
 
Well I must go and put the finishing touches to the Toffee Apple Flapjack I have  made for a bonfire party tonight - just hope the rain stops,
 
Tomorrow I am back at work, but on a brighter note, UPS will be delivering my latest Stampin' Up order - happy days :)
 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and take care.
 
Michelle x x

2 comments:

  1. This is fab, Michelle. You've given me a really good idea for a card. Enjoy your new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was just awful weather on Sunday wasn't it! Was your bonfire party a wash out or did the rain stop in time? I went to a local firework display on Monday which was a really clear crisp night. Your toffee apple flapjack sounds scrummy . You must have excellent will power - some of it would have to have been sampled while watching Strictly in our house! Love the card Michelle - all that lovely texture and the sentiment banner tucked behind the bauble! I bet it's lovely and dimensional in real life too. Have a great weekend. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete