Wednesday 9 May 2012

Fish and Chip Babies

I can't remember if I mentioned that I have been knitting some little baby jumpers and beanie hats for Fish and Chip babies, so forgive me if I already have.  I originally saw a plea for help with making these jumpers here at Dawny P's blog and just had to give it a go.  I'm no knitter by any means but have managed to make three sets.  My mum on the other hand is a demon knitter and she has made nine sets.  The parcel is already to send off, so I thought I would share with you the card I have sent to Dawny with the jumpers, and a picture of the jumpers I have made (although apologies that the photo is of poor quality - the light is rubbish!).

The card is made from pale green Bazzil cardstock, and the patterned paper is some that I had in my stock.  I made the flower from a new die and embellished it with Candi - nice and simple.



My jumpers are quite subdued, dark colours,  My mum's (sorry no photo) are bright - apple green, orange, saffron, purple etc - gorgeous!

Hope you are having a good week.  I'm a bit under the weather unfortunately - bit of a stomach bug, but am over the worst of it now.  Back to work tomorrow I guess.

Take care.

M x

2 comments:

  1. These are lovely! In my new craft group they knit outfits for stillborn babies. I wish I could do it but I can't knit at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your CAS style Michelle and this is another beauty. I love the flamboyant flower and the pink and green is a favourite combination of mine! Sorry to hear you've been under the weather and I hope you're feeling better now. You've certainly been putting your time to good use with these little outfits for the fish and chip babies and it's such a good thing to do. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete