Saturday 19 May 2012

Anniversary Card

Hi all, hope you are having a pleasant Saturday.  I have been at my scrapbooking crop today and have had a thoroughly lovely time.  I went without any plan whatsoever, but did manage to complete a layout (in between chatting, drinking coffee and eating cake!). Emily's scrapbook is coming on slowly, but I am confident it will be finished on time.  I'm planning to get so much done at my retreat at the end of August.

As promised, here is the card I made for my sister's wedding anniversary.  I am particularly pleased with this one.

I stamped the text image from the Charming set by SU in Blushing Bride, then stamped the flower (also from Charming) over the top in Concord Crush.  I stuck it to a rectangle of Blushing Bride textured cardstock that I had already torn to size.  This card stock looks great torn, I really like the texture.  I then made a ribbon effect from Concord Crush pattered DSP and stuck it to the card.  I added the stamped element  using 3D foam pads.  I finished it off with a sentiment from Paula Pascual's All Year Round set, mounted on Blushing Bride.


I really like the subtlety of the Charming set and I am enjoying using my Stampin' Up products.  I joined a Stampers 6 club back in January run by Vicky Hayes (check it out here ) and I thoroughly recommend it.  Vicky is so inspirational, and really supportive, and she always pops a little something extra in your parcel.  My final month is June and I will be the hostess - I can't wait!

Well, that's me done for now.  As always, I really appreciate your kind comments.

Michelle x


1 comment:

  1. What lovely comments Michelle, thank you so much for the shout out! It's lovely to hear that you're enjoying the club and, I must say, I always love seeing what you make with your goodies! This card is beautiful. I love the torn panel and that gorgeous banner. Looks like the summer has arrived - enjoy your new deck! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete