Sunday 20 September 2009

Busy Busy!!

Well another week has gone and I don't know where the time has gone Not been feeling tip-top this week, don't know why. Just incredibly tired and a niggly sore throat. Fortunately it hasn't come to anything - the dreaded Swine Flu is never far from our thoughts at the moment.

Have been a busy bunny this weekend, although with more fun pursuits than last week's jobs. I finished the eighth round on my hexagonal blanket (and all the ends have been sewn in, how virtuous!!). Doesn't it look splendid on my bed. Edward has been laying on it, all day!



I've only made one card this weekend (it was a commission - yet another new baby boy card). I used an existing design, but just updated it with some brown to go with the blue and white. Quite pleased with it, hope my client is!


I've recently bought a new recipe book, The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. It's basically all cakes, muffins and other goodies - yum, yum! Look what I've made today - vanilla cupcakes and lemon cupcakes - they look so good. I really like the pastel coloured frosting on the vanilla ones. I may have to update my food colouring collection to include lilac and maybe tangerine - how exciting!!

Also very excited this weekend because Strictly Come Dancing has returned (Mark not so pleased!). Have had to watch it on catch-up due to timings this weekend, trying to fit in two night's worth is a bit tricky, I'll be happier when it is just on a Saturday night.
I've now read all of my True Blood/Sookie Stackhouse books (eight in total). The next one doesn't come out in paperback until next year sometime, so I'll have to be patient. Perhaps I'll read the Twilight Saga again, although I have lent out New Moon, and I know I'll finish Twilight before my friend finishes Twilight! So I am a bit stuck for reading material at the moment - I don't like it when I don't have a stack of books waiting to be read!
Week 2 of our meal planner has been a success. It has certainly made the pair of us more relaxed knowing a meal is planned and shopped for, and I think we are spending less. Having said that, this week's meals are a bit more basic because it is the end of the month! So far so good though.
That's all folks!
M x
P.S The cupcakes were delicious!! What shall I make next weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment