Sunday 10 January 2016

Documenting December Part 1

 
 
Happy New Year!  It's been a while I know, but hey, new year, new me??!!
 
I wanted to share with you the first part of my December album.  I've never started one of these before, and quite frankly, I never thought I would get beyond the first few days!  The reason for making in the first place, was to try and help me focus in December.  I find the whole Christmas thing quite difficult, trying to think of everything, all that shopping, not to mention the money aspect.  There's an awful lot of pressure to have the perfect Christmas, and it never seems to happen.  I tried to adopt the whole "just go with it" approach, and honestly, it really helped.  This Christmas was possibly the most relaxed one we've had in a long while.
 
So to the album.  I used a 6" x 8" Stampin' Up kraft album, along with their Hello December 2015 Project Life cards and embellishment kit.  I supplemented the papers with some of the extra papers I bought with my Like For Ever kit (Wish List - Cocoa Vanilla).  I also pulled out some Christmas themed washi tape, wood veneer snowflakes, gold glitter tape etc etc.  My colour scheme was mainly a soft mint green, blue and red with gold accents.
 
I also joined Shimelle Laine's Journal Your Christmas class to help with the prompts.  I didn't follow that religiously, but it gave me a good starting point.
 
So here's the beginning, up to and including Day 10.  Enjoy :)
 








 
I'm very pleased with how these pages turned out.  I hope you have enjoyed having a little peak.  I'll be posting Part 2 in the next couple of days.  Thanks for dropping by.  I really appreciate any comments.
 
Take care
 
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Hello Michelle, love the album so much work has gone into the making of what I can see so far. So pleased that Christmas was better than you expected. I know what you must have been feeling on the 1st Dec with only Edward at home! Onward and upwards. Looking forward to seeing part 2 xx

    ReplyDelete