Saturday 25 July 2015

Lovely Lavender

Hi everyone.  There's not a lot happening on the crafting front at the moment (which I hope will change now that the summer holidays have arrived!), so I thought I would share some photos of my afternoon out.  Mark and I went to the Hitchin Lavender Farm, somewhere I've wanted to go to for a while now.  It was surprisingly busy, until we realised that there was a wedding reception happening at the Lavender Farm, as well as the general visitors.  What a wonderful backdrop to your wedding photos!

 
What hadn't occurred to me was that the lavender would be full of bees.  Silly I know, but I hadn't really given it any thought.  Now, I'm pretty phobic of bees and wasps, and yes I know bees won't hurt me but I still get freaked out by them.  I never expected to conquer a fear amongst the lavender today! The only thing I would change next time, is to wear long trousers, instead of cropped ones.  I really didn't think it through properly.
 
 









 
As you can see, the place is pretty stunning.  We had a lovely time, and we were very blessed with the weather considering the tremendous amount of rain that we had yesterday.  I just have to decide what to do with all the lavender that we brought home with us - any suggestions?
 
Thanks for calling by.  Take care.
 
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment