Thursday 2 April 2015

Hello Hexagons!

Goodness me, what a lot of catching up I need to do!  I hadn't realised quite how long I had been absent from the blogging world.  Life has been quite tricky recently, hence the absence, however I won't bore you with all the details. 
 
This card that I'm sharing today is from my card swap group.  The challenge was to use some sort of shape in the design.  Well, instantly I knew it would be hexagons.  I made a patch work effect with the SU Six Sided Sampler stamp set - one of my all time favourites, and I used Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz and Smoky Slate as my colour palette. I am currently loving the Hello You thinlet dies, and lots of my cards are featuring one of the sentiments.  Finally, as you can't go wrong with butterflies, I popped one on the tag for added interest.  The challenge was hilarious, because nearly everyone used hexagons in one way or another, and butterflies featured quite heavily too!
 
 
I finished work today and am on holiday for just over two weeks, and I couldn't be happier.  It's been a bit of a slog of late.
 
Wishing everyone a happy Easter.  Take care
 
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment