Thursday 1 January 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year one and all!  Here's to a year of health and happiness.  I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and enjoyed your New Year celebrations.  I'm not going to dwell on mine, let's just say that they didn't go according to plan due to illness. However, I'm here to start the year as I mean to go on.
 
Looking back, I realise that my blog posts have been few and far between.  I really did lose my mojo, not just for blogging, but for crafting too.  I'm hoping that this year will be different.  In fact, this morning, I placed a Stampin' Up order for some of the new goodies coming up in the Spring Summer catalogue - I'm very excited.  I'm going to try and post more regularly - looking at my photos, there are lots of cards that I never got round to sharing. I'm certainly not promising to post every day, but hopefully I won't be leaving it for 2 months like my last post (hanging my head with shame!!).
 
Today I thought I would share the beautiful handmade Christmas cards that I received this year - they certainly are stunning.  Come and have a look.
 
 

This first card is from Jane, our Card Swap Group leader.  She does a superb job of setting us challenges each month.  Her card is beautiful - I really love the postcard image, and the red really ties in the background paper.


This card is from Lesley, using the gorgeous Festival of Trees stamps, as well as my favourite colour - Blackberry Bliss.


This gorgeous card is from Jennie.  I love the simplicity of the design, and the colour scheme is very me.  You can just pick up the hints of glitter on the snowflakes.  Beautiful.


A very stylish card from Zoe.  Again, loving the simplicity.  I didn't buy the wreath stamp set from SU, but I may have to!


This card is from Aileen and is fabulous.  I love the colours she has chosen, and the little pop of glitter on the bauble.  I absolutely love what she has done with this stamp.


Isn't this fab?  I love it.  Again, I love the postcard image, and the cheeky snowman.  I think this was created on MDS.  Thanks to the very talented Donna.


This beautiful card is from Alison.  Again, a stunning colour scheme, with a little glitter frosting the pine cones.  I love how the lace at the side gives it a feeling of vintage. Fabulous.


An absolutely stunning card from Sue.  My husband was very taken with the background by the way.  Gorgeous stamping effects, and I love the little stars in the sky.


A beautiful card from the very talented Vicky.  I love the graduated greens on the snowflakes, and the bright red sentiment really makes the card pop.  I'm very excited to see what Vicky will be creating in 2015!


This beautiful card is from Ann.  The colours look like Crumb Cake and Lost Lagoon - two of my absolute favourites at the moment.  I really like the little snowflake embellishment too.  Gorgeous.

And finally, this is the card my Mum made.  I love the violet card with the green and red, as well as a little touch of silver with the sentiment.  I may have to borrow that stamp set from her!

Well, that's all folks (for today!).  Thanks for bearing with me and hopefully I will be back in the next couple of days with the Christmas cards that I made.

Have a great day, and take care.

Love

Michelle x x

No comments:

Post a Comment