Friday 16 August 2013

A Wedding and a Birthday

 
Hi everyone.  I've been wanting to share this card all week but apathy has ruled this week!
 
A good friend and colleague got married last week and this is the card I made for her and her husband.  The theme of the wedding was natural colours and wood, and I followed the colour scheme from the invitation.
 
The base card is made from Kraft card stock.  I cut a panel from Very Vanilla and stamped a heart from Hearts a Flutter in Early Espresso, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake all over it.  I mounted the panel on glimmer paper and adhered it to the card.  I then wrapped some natural twine around the bottom third of the card and added a sentiment, which is from Border Banter stamped in Early Espresso.  I personalised the card with some brown rub-ons.
 
 
The next card is a birthday card for one of our Card Swap Group - Ann.  Happy birthday Ann (it's today!).  I used a white square card blank, and cut a slightly smaller square of Pool Party.  I cut a circle from the centre and stamped over the cs with a stamp from Best of Shelli in Versamark ink (you can just about see it in the photo).  I then stamped the same image in Midnight Muse on the white card blank to show through the aperture.  I used my paper piercing templates to add some interest around the edge and around the aperture.  The sentiment is from Morning Meadow stamped in Midnight Muse.

 
That's me for now.  Have a super weekend.  Thanks for dropping by, and all comments are gratefully received!
 
Michelle x

1 comment:

  1. I love the wedding card Michelle and it just shows that you don't have to go all frilly to create a beautiful design! The second card is just stunning. I adore the CAS design and the gorgeous soft colours. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete