Sunday 23 September 2012

PGL

 
Got back home on Friday night from a fabulous week in Wales at PGL.  The children had a brilliant time, and so did I.  Apart from dealing with homesickness, sickness and sleepwalking, it was great.  Although I have to say, I have never been so tired.  We were pretty much on duty 24 hours a day.  The first night, after going to bed at midnight, we were woken 6 times by various children, and finally got to sleep around 4am!  It did improve after that.
 
I didn't take part in all the activities, but I did have a go at Jacob's Ladder (so hard), rifle shooting and abseiling, which I absolutely loved.  Please excuse the less than flattering harness in the photo below - it wasn't very comfortable either.
 



And as if I wasn't tired enough, I went to Ally Pally on Saturday for the day with my mum.  We didn't stay until the end because I was exhausted, but I'm glad we went.  I managed to get some Harry Potter themed paper for a scrapbook layout for Emily's album.  I also picked up one or two other bits and pieces, but I found it all a bit samey.  Lots of decoupage papers, not my thing at all.

Today has been the usual - homework, ironing etc.  Nothing too thrilling.  Back to work tomorrow.  I'm really hoping that next weekend I can get on with some card making.  I have so many new Stampin' Up goodies to play with and no time at all.  C'est la vie!

Hope you have all had a good week.  Sorry I've not been commenting on your blogs for a while.  Hope to get back on track soon.  Thanks for visiting.

Take care

Michelle x

2 comments:

  1. Glad it all went ok and that you had a good time. Have you seen the new SU catalogue? I think they've excelled themselves this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it was great fun... but I bet you were so pleased to get home to your family Michelle. Those activities look a bit full on for me - give me paper, ink, stamps and glue any time! Can't wait to see what you do with your new goodies when you do find the time. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete