Wednesday 12 September 2012

Perfectly Preserved

Today I want to share with you two cards I made over the weekend with the fabulous Perfectly Preserved stamp set from Stampin' Up.  This stamp set, along with the co-ordinating paper and Framelits dies are from the Autumn/Winter catalogue, which is jam-packed full of goodies.
 
This stamp set is absolutely gorgeous and I think it will get a lot of use.  I particularly love the jam jar stamp which I think is so versatile.
 
I stamped the jam jar in Pacific Point and then stamped three stems in Garden Green.  The flowers were stamped in Pumpkin Pie, Real Red and Pacific Point.  I die cut the flowers with the Cannery Framelits and adhered them to the card with 3D foam.  I rounded the corners of the card and backed it with Pumpkin Pie card stock, rounding the corners of that too.  I cut a strip of the Orchard Harvest DSP and added that to the base card.  Before sticking the decorated panel down, I made two holes in the neck of the jam jar with a piercing tool and threaded through some orange baker's twine.  Then I stuck the panel in place.
 
The sentiments were also stamped in Pacific Point and mounted onto Pumpkin Pie, then stuck to the card, again with 3D foam.
 


Items used : Perfectly Preserved stamp set, Cannery Framelits dies, Orchard Road DSP, Pumpkin Pie smooth card stock,baker's twine.
Inks : Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Pacific Point.

I'm finally getting into the swing of being back at work.  It's taken a while after six weeks off.  I'm going away next week on a school residential trip to PGL in the Brecon Beacons.  I have mixed emotions at going; leaving Mark, the children and Chloe for a week, being responsible for a young girl with diabetes (the reason I'm going), and maybe making a fool of myself if I try any of the activities!  I'll keep you posted - there may be photos!

I'm scrapbooking again on Saturday and packing for my trip on Sunday.  Then when I come back, it's the show at Ally Pally.  I'm not sure I'm going to feel up to it, but I've ordered the tickets now!

Thanks for dropping by, and your comments are always appreciated.

Take care

Michelle x

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Michelle. I'm having a real dither about ordering this set as I've seen fab cards made with a jam jar stamp. I am annoyed because I've just bought a spellbinders set of leaf dies and then this catty came out with the matching stamps and dies. If only I'd known. I've also got my new catty that we can't order from until October and I honestly think it's the best one yet. Have a great time at PGL, my children did a few of those, great fun apparently. Hope there will be pics, I could do with a giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Michelle! What a brilliant card this is! I absolutely adore this set and, like you, it's the jar that gets me every time! I love what you've done with it here - the colours are brilliant and I love the little bakers twine tie round the neck of the jar. Just going to catch up with the verdict on the PGL... Vicky x

    ReplyDelete