Sunday 22 December 2013

Card Swap 9 and 10 and Christmas

Well, it's been a while.  I actually can't believe I haven't blogged for so long.
 
Today I am sharing the card I made for Card Swap 9 (November's Swap), as well as the Christmas card for Swap number 10.
 
The challenge for November was to make a card with a favourite stamp.  I was going to rummage through all my boxes of stamps that I have had for years, but I decided to go with my first Stampin' Up stamp set - Pocket Silhouettes.  I teamed it with Wisteria Wonder, one of my favourite colours.  I added a little bit of sparkle on the flowers with a Sakura glimmer pen.



And on to Christmas.  These are very similar to a card I made before, using the Avery Elle die to create a frame (see previous post here ).  I've used SU's Pool Party, Bermuda Bay and Smokey Slate as my colour scheme, as well as some silver glimmer paper for the snow flake.  I'm really love with the narrow silver ribbon, and used the Christmas paper stack behind the frame.


 






 


The next card uses the lovely Festive Flurry stamps in Pool Party and Smokey Slate with a touch of Not Quite Navy (I think!).  Again, a little bit of ribbon and a diamante in the centre of the main Snowflake.  The card was pretty much CASEd from one I saw on Vicky Hayes' blog here ).


And finally, something more traditional.  I used a card kit from Craftwork Cards to make this card.  It included all the elements, including the lovely bauble stamps, which will get plenty of use I am sure.  I really enjoyed embossing the letters with some glitzy embossing powder.



Well that's what I've been making for the last few weeks.  I hope everyone is feeling festive and ready to celebrate Christmas.  My preparations seem to have taken a lot longer than usual this year although I'm not sure why.  I'm slowly starting to feel a little bit more Christmassy - especially as the house is getting tidier!

I'd like to wish you all a very happy Christmas, and hope that 2014 brings you all lots of happiness.  Thank you very much for all your comments this year, they really have kept me going.  I can't promise that I will blog more regularly next year, but I can certainly try!

Take care

Michelle x

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Michelle I received my card and think it's gorgeous! Will be on my blog soon time permitting :0) Hope you had a good Christmas and wishing you a Happy New Year
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a gallery of gorgeousness! Pocket Silhouettes is definitely one of my faves too and I'm very flattered that you cased one of my cards too! Hope you've had a lovely Christmas Michelle and wishing you a very happy 2014. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete