Sunday 27 January 2013

Happy Birthday Dad

 
Good morning.  Hope everyone is feeling OK today.  I'm thrilled that all the snow has finally been washed away, it means I will get in my car now!  I had a bad experience in snow many years ago, so now when it snows I don't get in my car for anybody!  But today it's all gone and the sun is shining - hurrah!
 
Yesterday we were celebrating my Dad's 70th birthday with a little family party.  We had a lovely time.  My sister and I bought Dad a voucher for a gliding lesson (his suggestion, not ours!) - so watch this space in the spring or summer for photos.
 
Today I am sharing with you the card I made for my Dad.  I am very excited by it because it uses some of the free gifts that you can get with the Stampin' Up Sale-a-Bration promotion (a free gift for every £45 you spend).  There are some beautiful stamp sets, paper, ribbon and so much more).
 
I have used the Sycamore Street DSP and the matching Sycamore Street buttons and ribbons set.  The plain card stock is Indigo Island (love that colour) and the sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set (cut with the Bitty Banners Framelits).  The letters and numbers are highlighted with a Sakura glitter pen.
 



 
I may have to get another set of the papers because I really love the colours and patterns - it's brilliant because it suits male and female cards - so versatile.
 
Well that's me done for today.  I'm off to catch up with the ironing - the usual Sunday activity.
 
Take care and thanks for dropping by.
 
Michelle x
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow Michelle! I absolutely love the way you've layered those papers and embellished with the ribbon and buttons. I bet your dad was delighted with this - he sounds quite a guy! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is awesome Michelle! I love that you've managed to use so many of the free papers! What a great 'Dad' card! :)
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle. This card is grorgeous - you're right - great , versatile papers. I love the big lettering of dad and 70. Bet he loved it.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete