Sunday 2 December 2012

Four Seasons

Hi All.  Feeling festive yet?  It's a bit of a shocker that it's suddenly December isn't it?  I know it's a bit of a cliche, but where has the year gone?
 
It's been a pretty manic week at work and it's only going to get worse.  This week I have been working on a Victorian shop window for the backdrop of our Christmas play.  Lots of brown paint and fake snow.  We have also had a Christmas Fair on Friday, which was very different this year - it was outside!  It was based on a German Christmas Market, and the atmosphere was fab, the only problem was that it was VERY cold!  I had a stall selling my bits and pieces and was outside from 5pm to 7.30pm.  By the end I couldn't feel my toes despite my thermal socks.  Having said that, it was a great evening and I applaud the hard work of all the volunteers.
 
Today's card is made using the Four Seasons stamp set which is a current Hostess gift.  I chose to stamp the image in red Brilliance ink and added some red sparkle embossing powder and heat embossed it.  I stamped some of the image again, I just wanted the robin in the middle, and heat embossed that too.  I cut the two circles out and mounted the main one on a circle of red mirror card.  The smaller circle was attached to the middle with 3D foam pads.  I used a piece of red satin polka dot ribbon around the middle and stuck the circle element over it using more foam pads.  The sentiment is from Craftwork Cards.
 


I'm very pleased with how the card turned out, I really like the simplicity of the red and white.  Hope you like it too.

We've had a lovely day today having friends over for a pre-Christmas get together.  It was really chilled and they were good company.  It did mean a massive tidy up beforehand though.  Had to actually put all my cardmaking and scrapbooking stuff out of sight (on our bed!).  Heaven knows where it's going to go over Christmas (Mum and Dad's maybe?).  I really  must have a big sort out after Christmas, I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by it all.

Thanks for dropping by.  Until next time.

Michelle x

2 comments:

  1. Your German market sounds a wonderful idea in the planning stages Michelle but in reality it must have been a bit of a challenge! I bet it was a very successful fund raiser though.

    I LOVE this stamp in red and white and it looks gorgeous with the dotty ribbon.
    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle
    Yes you must be very busy in your job at this time of year!

    I love this card. You've chosent the perfect colours to showcase the design. I love the spotty ribbon and that you've kept the design uncluttered and striking. Great job.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete