Saturday 7 July 2012

Olympic Excitement



Well, still nothing to share on the crafting front.  I'm struggling to fit everything in at the moment.  The big news is that I have joined Stampin' Up as a Demonstrator  (purely to fund my own hobby), which is hugely exciting.  I am just awaiting my starting up kit (Tuesday according to the UPS tracking system - can't wait!!).

I had a great birthday last week and was thrilled to receive so many beautiful cards, particularly two very splendid Stampin' Up ones!

Work is manic, gearing up to Open Evening on Tuesday and various other events as we count down until the end of term.  I work in Year 6, so there is a lot going on, plays, leaving picnics etc. 

We had the excitement of the Olympic Torch Relay going through Hertford this morning.  The rain held off thank goodness, although it arrived with gusto the moment we got home!





Edward managed to stand next to one of the runners as she was interviewed for Chinese TV.



And to add further to the Olympic excitement, we had an actual torch in school on Wednesday (apparently this one carried the flame from Greece) and all the staff and children had the opportunity of having their photograph taken holding it.  I felt quite proud actually.


So that's all my news at the moment.  I hope everyone is keeping safe with the torrential rain we are having.  Surely it can't go on for too much longer?!

Take care

Michelle x

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about manic Michelle - it's such a struggle at this time of the year! My youngest is leaving year 6 in a week and it's quite emotional - especially in this neck of the woods where the 11+ system means that some of the children are going their separate ways. I expect you'll have received your SU starter kit by now and I hope you are delighted with it - although you probably won't have time to use it just yet! You will really deserve your summer holiday Michelle. Take care, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete