Saturday 10 March 2012

Spice Cake

Hi Everyone, hope you are all having a lovely weekend, and feeling creative. There has not been a lot of creativity recently at Frecklepuss unfortunately.  This week has been a bit of a wash out because I haven't been well - a week of feeling dizzy and nauseous, headachy and so tired.  Still not feeling 100%, so I'm having a chill out weekend.  I'm hoping I might feel more in the mood for creating something tomorrow, especially as a massive Stampin' Up order arrived yesterday, with lots of lovely freebies to play with.

Next Saturday is my second scrapbook crop with Scrapbags, which I am looking forward to enormously.  I put in a large order of photographs with Snapfish last week and am just waiting for them to arrive.  It was really hard to sort them out without Emily noticing.  She thinks I am doing something for Edward - let's hope it stays that way!

So here is a card I made a couple of weeks ago with the Spice Cake papers from the Stampin' Up Spring Mini Catalogue.  I love these papers so much and I think they are really versatile.


Ingredients
Papers : Spice Cake - Stampin' Up
Card Stock : Craftwork Cards
Gem : Mei Flowers

I cut out a flower from one of the sheets of paper for the central motif, and stuck it on a co-ordinating piece of card stock (cut with a scallop punch).

Hope you like it.  I'm not in love with it but it's OK.  Do you ever get that, sometimes you just love the cards you make, and other times they are just OK.  This is one of those for me.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.  Thanks for dropping by.  I really do appreciate your kind comments.

Michelle x





2 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Michelle. I know what you mean though, I sometimes make a card that I think is quite average and they are often the ones that sell really quickly, you never can tell. I love this paper and haven't got it yet, I need to hurry up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Michelle! I think the grid style background works brilliantly with the coordinating papers and the central flower is just stunning! I do hope you're feeling better now. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete